Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Distractions

A few things are distracting me this morning/afternoon and I am having a hard time staying focused and even getting started.  Blarg, and it's already after noon. 

First distraction -- the sunshine.  It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL at Bumpus Ridge today.  Here is a view from the deck (which I can't use while doing report cards because of the glare)

This view is hideous. It hurts my eyes.  
My Benson nugget loves to be outside; and it is hard to deny him something so basic - enjoying the sunshine.  So, I thought I would try something new: let Benson outside unsupervised (but clipped in).  He is free to beetle-sniff and sunbathe, while I can sit upstairs guilt-free.
 At first, no big deal.  He found a sunny spot and seemed to be enjoying himself outside.
I peeked through the window a few minutes later and ...
 He was still there. 30 minutes later ...
Curious, but still there.  Then after I just started getting into my report card groove, I hear a loud crashing onto wood sound ...
Whoopsy.  Apparently, Benson had wrapped his 30 foot leash around the hot tub multiple times and then dragged it below a large flower pot and got stuck.  He may not be smart, but he sure is handsome.  Points for Benson because he also waited patiently for me to run upstairs to get my camera.  

As he and I meandered our way back inside, I couldn't help but stop for one last distraction:


Aren't we supposed to stop and smell the roses?




 

2 comments:

  1. When may I come to enjoy the deck?? It looks so inviting. Maybe we can turn to hot tub way down to dangle and cool our feet.

    Yes, always stop to smell the roses... and to play with our buddy, Benson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can only think as far as getting report cards done; but aren't you planning to come up in August? Also, what is your library-helping plan?

      Delete